Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vintage Inspiration ~ Sewing Patterns

I definitely spend more time sewing in the winter months. Once the gardening work is over for the season and inclement weather forces me inside, I start looking through my vintage goodies for project inspiration.Today I'm showing my collection of vintage sewing patterns. Although most of mine are skirts and dresses, I glean wonderful ideas for other smaller projects from the decorative details.

Like this stunning Vogue pattern with an asymmetrical neckline...
Or the pretty rick rack and ribbon trim used on these Butterick skirts...
And I'm trying to find a way to translate this sheer over solid window effect into an evening bag....

This one is so sweet as a toddler dress, but it might also inspire an idea for a frilly lamp shade cover...
And of course, some are just wonderful vintage eye-candy. :-)

Looking for vintage sewing patterns to add to your collection? Be sure to check out these websites...

Mom's Patterns

Fuzzy Lizzie

So Vintage Patterns

Also, take a look at the selection on Etsy. Here are just a few of the sellers that I found ...

Sandritocat

Nana's Sewing Basket

Glass of Fashion

Sew Vintage Ladies

10 comments:

Katherine said...

Be still, my vintage pattern loving heart... Oh, My! Thank you for sharing these vintage gems. I have been pulling out my vintage patterns lately too - for the same reasons you mention. Lots of inspiration here!

Stacy said...

Oh, such fun looking at those vintage patterns! Love the ones from Vogue. I don't sew, but those patterns remind me of my mother sewing when I was a child. Happy memories :o)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love those styles...although I admit to being glad dresses are not the norm these days in everyday wear!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

You've got some great patterns there to work with - just love vintage style! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

littlegirlpearl said...

The drawings on vintage patterns have been the inspiration behind many of my handmade children's clothes lately. They are so scrumptious! Thanks for sharing yours!

Serendipity Vintage said...

You can also try Serendipity Vintage...I've got great patterns!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SerendipityVintage

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the vintage patterns. They are beautiful.

Louise said...

I don't sew, but I would love to own these patterns just for the beautiful illustrations. They are lovely. My Mum would have worn the fifties skirts as a young woman. Such elegance. x

LBP said...

I am just salivating all over myself!!!

What great vintage patterns!

Blessings

Linda

Jenny said...

I would so love to dress in amy of those outfits!!