Saturday, January 22, 2011

Having Fun with Felt Food

I spent a little time this week making a few felt food items for my niece. She loves her felt and canvas cardtable playhouse that I made for her this past summer and since we like to play "restaurant", I wanted to add to the food she has in the garden.
Since I'm a total novice at felt food, I kept the items pretty simple.



I made some basic sandwich items...bread, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and bacon for a BLT, of course. :-)

The bacon also works for breakfast along with a fried egg, sunny-side up.


I also made a simple taco shell. She'll have fun filling that with different things.


And we have to have something for dessert, so I made a cupcake with pink icing and a cherry.
It was actually a lot of fun thinking up different food items to make. I'm sure I'll make a few more, I think we need a least one more dessert. :-)

And I wanted to thank everyone so much for all of the nice comments on the "Progress on the New House". Its still moving along at a snail's pace, but the flooring is going down now. Poor hubby is doing much of the work by himself, so it will be a bit longer before any new pictures.

12 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky niece. I want to come play at your house. That's the cutest food I've ever seen. I remember the amazing playhouse!

Maison Douce said...

Oh, my goodness, Kimberly, that is absolutely adorable!!!! I wish my girls were a little smaller....!
Isabel

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

OMG those are adorable! What a sweet aunt you are! She will love this. The playhouse is amazing too! Love it all.. By the way.. is it time for Burlington yet? LOL.. I am hating this cold and the snow! Come on April!
:)

Sugar Bear said...

So cute! Chelsea got some felt food for Christmas and I would like to try my hand at making her some. Adding it to my looong to do list!
Karla

KitschKrafts said...

Oh the food is so sweet! I wanted to make some cute food for The Little Guy's kitchen, but before I knew it my aunt bought him some of the stuff from IKEA instead. It's pretty cute too, but nothing like homemade, right?

Can't wait to see more house pics!
Erika

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

You are an amazingly talented girl! Who would have thought of felt food??? That is amazing!!

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

I love all of these but the bread is absolutely adorable! So craftt!

Katherine said...

Oh, Kimberly! You're felt food is amazing real looking. I bet your niece will be thrilled to have all these yummies to play with. Lucky girl!

Closet said...

These are so cute! Just found you through Vintage Lovers team on Etsy, my blog is www.closetmelbourne.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this and can't wait to make some felt food for my daughter!

Jessica said...

I love the felt food you made!! You did a fantastic job on it! I esp love how your bread & cheese turned out! Did you follow a patten or just wing it? Ive been a big fan of felt food since I saw some on etsy a few years ago but my boys were too "old" & uninterested in it. But now that we have a little girl I will getting some when she gets a lil older. =)

And I know Im a lil late on this but congrats on the new house!!

TTFN ~ Jessica

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Thanks everyone! They are a lot of fun to make.

Hi Jessica! No pattern, just sketched out the shape of the bread and cut it out to use as a template. The other things are basically free form...wavy strips for bacon, circle for tomato, wonky blob for an egg. LOL
You'll have fun making them for your little girl. :-)

Kimberly