Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Master Bedroom Ikea Closet

Just a few minor details to finish up and we should be ready to move in! Yea!!!





I know rooms with furniture and accessories are much more fun to look at, but since I don't think I want to show the inside of my closet once its been packed full of clothes, I thought I better show you that now.


The room originally had just one double closet and about 2 feet on either side extended behind the wall, making it a bit awkward to access.


We decided to knock out the wall and install an Ikea Pax system closet.


We bought 3 of the 39" frames and off-set the center unit and trimmed it out with crown molding to give it a custom look.



They only had 2 doors in stock, so we're waiting on the others. I also need to get a few more organizer inserts. But I really like how they seem to make the room look bigger and the ceiling taller...always a plus in a smaller home. :-)

The two bathrooms are also just about finished and I'll show those next.

Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Valerie Boersma said...

This looks like the closet of my dreams! I'll have to go to Ikea and look into something like this for myself! (I currently have no closet.)

What a pretty room too-I love the wall color and the white trim. Very nice!!

My Casa Bella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Casa Bella said...

LOVE IKEA, as you saw on one of my posts. It does make a room feel larger and I love how they look, Like your wall color too!
MCB

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm needing a serious closet makeover/organizational system. Great solution. Your bedroom walls are the color I want my living room. Would you mind sharing brand/color? It's gorgeous against the white wood work.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Thanks everyone!
Valerie, how do you not have a closet?? You have to go to Ikea!

And Arlene, you know how much I loved your wall of closets. :-)

Stephanie, the wall color is "Blue Shamrock" by Olympic paints. I used their Zero VOC paint and it is wonderful...no fumes or lingering paint smell at all!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Just catching up on the latest! Love your closet and the wall color is gorgeous. What a cool idea to offset the center part, too. You must be getting excited to move!

KitschKrafts said...

Wow! I love how that looks. At our old house we had these two mini double closets in what was the master bedroom. I know they were trying to make "his" and "hers" closets, but they were just ridiculous to move in and out of. The slider doors were just wide enough for you to turn sideways and inch your clothes back out. We ended up taking down the doors and just hanging curtains across the whole thing. I like your idea MUCH better. It looks amazing! Can't wait to see the rest as you move through this makeover.

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Wow, it looks awesome!! I've kind of been longing for an Ikea closet system - it just seems like I would HAVE to be organized if I had one. :)

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

It looks FANTASTIC!!! I'm totally filing this for my future home. Seriously, what a great idea to bump out the middle box and put up the crown molding! Fantastic.

~Angela~

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! Been busy with Dad and Mom. No hospital trips this month yet...Dad may be Doin better..Docs seem happy. Just have to get strenghth back and weight.
Love the work so far..lookin good;)
Now you are way close to my house now at Ikea.

Shana said...

Love the transformation of your bedroom, especially the french doors and closets. ~Shana