Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Vintage Feedsacks from Arkansas


I just returned from a trip to Arkansas.  We were there mainly to visit dear friends, but also to see a part of the country we hadn't been to before.  We spent a few days in the Ozarks in the lodge at Mt Magazine.  Gorgeous place and stunning views. 

Then we headed over to our friends in Fayetteville.  Fayetteville is a cute little college town with a Farmer's market in the town square, little coffee shops, and hip vintage stores showcasing Midcentury Modern décor. 

While I would have loved to come home with some of the furniture pieces, room in the car was tight, so I had to limit purchases to smaller items.  As with many of the antique malls around here, fabric yardage was scarce, but thankfully, I was able to find some fun feedsacks.
Of course, the pink is my favorite.

I really like it when I can find multiples of the same print and this navy blue dot and pink & blue floral came in pairs.  :)


And I thought this blue one with little doodle flower pictures was just too cute.

I also found a couple yards of a Waverly Glosheen fabric in pink and orange...such a fun color combo!

I bought a 6 yard length of vintage toweling, but it's still drying on the line, so I'll have to share that one another time.  :)
It was still pretty green in the Ozarks, but we drove through some pretty fall color in Missouri.  Have the leaves turned yet where you are?
Enjoy the week, everyone!

5 comments:

Hope said...

Nice to see kind words about my adopted hometown of Fayetteville. It is indeed a very special place!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Hope,
Thanks for stopping by!
There were so many things I liked about Fayetteville. The historic homes in town are gorgeous and the FOOD, oh my, the food.
Had the best burger ever at Hugo's and my hubby is still talking about the Mexican dinner we had at El Matador. lol
We will definitely be heading back for a visit in the future. :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I've been to the south but never Arkansas and it was before my love of vintage began. :o) You really scored some good stuff. I agree that vintage fabric is getting scarce.

Unknown said...

Loved your visit! So glad you were able to scoop up a few favorites here in Fayetteville. Plus... We enjoyed your company enormously.... and wish we could have sampled more goodies at Market!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Denise!!!! We had so much fun. Seeing you again was definitely the highlight of the trip. :)