Friday, August 7, 2009

Yard and Getaway Photos

Another busy weekend around here. But I thought I would share some pictures of the patio flower baskets (click here to see how I made them) and a few from our getaway last weekend.
The flowers are doing surprisingly well for this late in the summer. Usually they start to get straggly and faded out from the summer heat, but thanks to the coolest July on record and a very comfortable start to August, they look pretty good. :-)


The peaches are almost ripe on our small tree.

And as I mentioned in the last post, hubby and I spent a couple of days at Salt Fork State Park.
Its the largest state park in Ohio and has a huge lake, a golf course, a couple marinas, a beautiful lodge with two pools, campgrounds, and cabins. Now normally, I'm a lodge girl all the way, but it was a very last minute trip and everything was booked except for one cabin. So, we took it. It was a very nice cabin right on the lake. We were even able to do some fishing. Although it was just the two of us, the cabin could have slept up to 6 people. There was a jacuzzi on the enclosed porch and a place to cook out and have a bonfire down by the lake.

Here we are in front of the lodge.

A very peaceful getaway.

17 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm absolutely loving this cool weather. What a beautiful state park. My dream getaway...a cabin on the lake. Your garden is gorgeous.

Jodi Nelson said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! What a great get away. mmmm. and I was seriously craving some peaches today! ooxx`jodi

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Such beautiful photos, Kim! You do such a good job with your garden {I have the black thumb of death, lol}

I enjoyed seeing the photos of you and your hubby. A sweet couple you two are!

Free Art Printables said...

Those peaches look awesome! You two are too cute!

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

You are so lucky to be having cooler weather!! Your flowers look great and so do you!
Do you need help picking those peaches??...;)

Melinda said...

I came upon your blog from another blogger! So glad to meet you! The pics are absolutely beautiful and as I browsed through some of your other posts I see there is plenty more beautiful pics to view! I am your newest follower :-)
Love your blog!

Melinda
http://mycottagebythebay.blogspot.com/

Melody said...

Kim, Your flowers are gorgeous! That getaway looks so pretty. I don't beleive I'm asking, but where exactly is this park? I've preoably been by it several time, but can't for the life of me place it!

Georgia Peachez said...

The flower baskets are so huge! This summer has been the best, I know we will look back on it during the next hot, dry summer and say "remember that summer...."
xo, suzy

Marilyn in NM said...

Kim, you guys look so cute! It's so great to see my bro & sis in such a great setting!

It's actually feeling like Fall here. Very weird.
We had the CO this week so it was busy but am ready to get back to my yard and flowers. Hope to post pics soon.
Hugs,
Marilyn in NM

Sugar Bear said...

What gorgeous flowers. We have had such lousy weather on the East Coast - too much rain - everything is over watered. Nice to seem some photos of how the flowers should look! Love the photo of you and hubby - such a cute couple!
Karla

Momoo said...

Like everyone else, I think your flowers are gorgeous. I'll have to remember sweet potato next year for drapping over the top of my planters. That is what you have isn't it?

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Thanks everyone!
Melody, its near Zanesville. I think the town is Cadiz?
(sorry, I didn't pay attention to the drive, I just enjoyed the scenery. LOL)
And Mary, Yes. I used sweet potato vine, impatients, and coleus.

Kimberly :)

Stacy said...

Your backyard looks wonderful. Love the pictures of the peach trees. The getaway does sound dreamy ... I would love to stay in a cabin on a lake for a few days (or weeks).

Nanette Merrill said...

Sweet pictures Kimberly. Love the lushness of the garden. I had a couple peaches from our tree for lunch. They are Red Haven. It was like eating candy!

Katherine said...

Oh, Kimberly, what gorgeous hanging baskets! Thanks for sharing photos of your yard and your getaway. It was also a treat to see your lovely face (for the first time). I bravely posted my own mug online today....
Hoping those peaches taste every bit as sweet as they look! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Beneath the Eaves said...

I remeber dicovering your blog when the garden tour last year was going on. You have a wonderful garden.
Looks like you had a great vacation. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Debra

Unknown said...

Hat a beautiful state park...your flowers are gorgeous...
Cheers, Keep it up.
thanks a lot for these keep.... them coming....
--
Venus
Are you scared to be alone at

home need security