Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Garden Bloomers ~ Pond and Patio

I have been busy for the past week or so with organizing and decluttering the house, neither of which lend themselves to interesting photos or blog posts. So, although we've had several days of rain, I ventured outside to share a few photos of the patio pond and garden. Dark reddish pink blooms fill our weigela bush at the entrance to the patio. Tall yellow iris had to be staked to with stand the rain and wind. A very soggy peony. And pretty yellow water iris appear to be taking over the pond.That's ok, the fish don't mind...they like swimming through the roots. :-)

And hubby got the veggies planted this weekend. Basically, we have a salsa garden...tomatoes, onions, and a variety of peppers. But we also have a couple of rhubarb plants and raspberry bushes surround the garden.
I'm also working on a canvas playhouse for my little niece. Hopefully I'll have that to share with you shortly. Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Oh I love your yard! It's about time to be out and work in the yard. We are too busy working in our garden and make it look good.. love your yellow irises. I just got mind this year and I can't wait for it to bloom next year and have another addition to my irises. :)Love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimberly! Your garden is beautiful. I love the Flags (iris)and the Water Iris

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful garden. Our peonies aren't blooming yet but our yellow iris is in the fish pond. Definitely a soggy last few days in Ohio.

Stacy said...

Your patio pond and garden is so lush and pretty. I've never heard of a salsa garden, but that's my kind of garden!

Flowers said...

Very Beautiful. A walk around your garden could get you into a very nice frame of mind!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Gorgeous! Time for a visit with a tall glass of raspberry iced tea. I'll be right over!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Thank you, all!
Glenna, that sounds great! I'll whip us up a coffee cake. :-)

Kimberly

Elizabeth said...

Love your pond, especially. :) Our irises aren't blooming yet--a few more weeks, probably.

My Casa Bella said...

We did the same thing this past weekend, work outside and I love how everything looks. Your garden looks so beautiful!
MCB

shalymere said...

I love your yard especially your pond full of fish.