Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Treasures From Grandma's Attic ~ Graniteware

For this episode of "Treasures from Grandma's Attic" I'll be sharing the many pieces of graniteware that Gram had saved. This is also part of the Etsy Cottage Style Blog's Vintage Alphabet Link party since this month the letters are G and H.

Let's start with this pretty pewter and graniteware coffee or tea set...Next we have a large group of utilitarian pieces, including pie plates, cups and saucers, bowls, a frying pan, and even a funnel.Here's a fabulous a large dark blue speckled bucket with handle, a small gray pot with lid, and I remember Gram telling me that the other container was for milk.
And last we have my favorite pieces. I just love the pretty blue swirl designs on these handled pots and spoons!
Be sure to stop be the Etsy Cottage Style blog for more vintage collections beginning with the letters G and H. :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Smarty! I didn't think of Graniteware. You have a great collection.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wonderful treasures. I love the coffee/tea set.

My Casa Bella said...

Oh my, I remember the white enamelware with red or green or blue trim. My great-grandma had several pieces and I loved them. When she passed away, they disappeared. We're not sure what happened to them but I sure hope someone is loving them the way I would of, since they were hers.
MCB

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Oh boy! Jackpot! Those are some great finds. :) I love it!

Adin B
http://itssewtasticmama.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love all those enamel ware items and they look lovely in the garden.
Beverley