Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vintage Alphabet ~ Irons, Jewelry, Kitchenalia & Keys

Time for another Vintage Alphabet party! This month's letters are I, J, and K and I had a hard time deciding what collections to feature...so, I'm showing several. :-)
Let's start with the letter I.

"I" is for irons: This is a trio of old irons that make me very grateful for my Rowenta. I think the one in the back is the oldest of the bunch and has a wooden handle and its own trivet."J" is for jewelry. Here's a grouping of some of my favorite vintage pieces. And "K" is for Kitchenalia (you know, all those fun old kitchen gadgets).

And one more "K" collection, Keys! My grandpa had a ton of old keys. I just love all of the different shapes.
Well, that's it for my alphabet collection. Be sure to stop over at the Etsy Cottage Style Blog and see what other collections are being shown or share some of your own.

8 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kimberly,
Oh I love your vintage post and I think Irons for the i was a great idea along with K for kitchen. I nearly did kitchen gadgets too. I love your key collection. SO interesting.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your kind comment. I can't take credit for the knick knacks. Meloday suggested it in her newsletter for this months party.

Really enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such memories of my grandmother come flooding back. She had skeleton keys for each room in her house (glass door knobs too) and the old turn handle flour sifter too. I have an old flat iron that I use as a door stop. Great treasures.

Recycled Rita said...

You have great picks also! I love all your kitchenalia! What a great word! karen....(recycledrita)

Unknown said...

I just knew you'd have great finds!!! Love the I for Irons and your vintage bling is great. Kitchenalia....thats a keeper..those are my favorite finds. And, all those keys....makes ya wonder where they all go to? The stories they could tell.

My Casa Bella said...

Are these all your collections? They look like so much fun, love the irons!! How fun!
hugs
Arlene

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Thanks everyone!
Hi Arlene! Yes, they're mine. Most of it came from my grandparents.

Sadly though, my house is small and I'm not able to display it all.
But they get to come out of the cupboards for a photoshoot every now and then. :-)

Kimberly

Vicki said...

Hi, Kimberly,
I, too, am grateful we have electric irons today. I enjoyed seeing your vintage ones. Your jewelry collection is delightful. The handpainted violets brooch is really calling my name. Enjoyed your vintage kitchen items and keys. Wishing you a delightful Friday and fun-filled weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. Vicki

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Hey there Kimberly,

You have some awesome things. Love those vintage stuff! Love it!