Friday, December 2, 2011

Champagne Cut Velvet Bags

I've been in the sewing room making some more bags. My focus this week was a lovely shimmery champagne colored vintage cut velvet. I've been wanting to make a larger shoulder bag and this upholstery fabric was perfect for it. I paired the velvet with a tan corduroy and added a long shoulder strap that can be worn across the body. A magnetic snap and interior zippered pocket will keep items secure.









I also had enough fabric left over to create a matching foldover clutch. I love the simple design and think it would be right at home with jeans as well as a fancier evening out. Both of these bags are available for a limited time on the website with free US shipping before being added to the Etsy Shop. I have a couple more of the larger bags almost completed and will share those soon.

Has cooler weather inspired more activity in your sewing room, too? :-)

5 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Gosh, you make the coolest stuff!!!

KitschKrafts said...

These bags are gorgeous! I have some new cut velvet that I was thinking of making into pillows, but I think I might make a bag instead. You have inspired me!
Thanks for stopping by the blog, too.
I posted about your shop on my other blog, www.chictweaksalterations.com because I love your fabrics and your handmade items. Hope things are going well in your shops this holiday season.
Take care,
Erika

KaHolly said...

Your bags are exquisite, as always. Your stitching is absolutely perfect!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

Kim, I love them! your purses are always the best! We just had our first craft show at our school this year.. It was GREAT! Next year you have to get a booth and bring your things, they would of sold like crazy!
Mechelle

Valerie Boersma said...

Beautiful and elegant design, and fabric! I love the way you photograph them too!

The cool weather has made me fall in love with faux leopard. I've made one bag with it, pairing it with a vintage 50s barkcloth, and I have plans for another.