Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring Cleaning

I'm making a clean sweep, literally and figuratively.
A fresh coat of light spring green paint on the living room walls (pictures of that later) inspired the frenzy of activity. Mostly it was thankless work...you know, the stuff nobody notices, like washing curtains or cleaning baseboard moldings and doors...but, it still made me feel good.
(If you really need someone to notice and acknowledge that kind of work, a great trick I learned from a decidedly "non-Martha", is to always use a lemon scented cleaner and put a higher watt bulb in your fixtures. The room looks and smells cleaner even if you didn't do any actual cleaning. LOL)
I also began organizing and pitching clutter. This process, though, lead me to discover that I am the queen of unfinished projects. I wish to abdicate my throne.




I found a pile of fabrics in varying stages of doneness. I think these were going to be totes and make up bags.









And a broken hinged frame with an old scrap of fabric. This poor thing arrived in the mail in pieces (more rantings about the frustrations of buying on ebay later) I was so aggrevated, that I just stuck it in the back of the closet.

However, its the perfect shade of green for my dining room. I already have plans for this one. :)



I have my work cut out for me this week. But I have a bright, lemon-y fresh sewing room to work in.

No comments: