Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fun Fabric Finds from Florence

Last weekend Mom and I took a mini road trip down to the antique mall in Florence, KY. I found a few fun things to add to the website. (The website is undergoing some changes and upgrading, and may be down intermittently). First, I came across 4+ yards of this wonderful green and brown fabric by John Wolf Textiles. Its only 38 inches wide, so from that and the colors I'm guessing it dates to the early 1970's. Next, I found a fun buckle and button set and 10 yards of vibrant orange grosgrain ribbon. I have a slight obsession with ribbon, so I HAD to have it. :) Bonus...it matches several of my new fabrics perfectly! And last but not least, my favorite find of the day was 2 sets of vintage 1960-70's daisy curtains. Completely fabulous! Still in their unopened Croscill packages (I opened one for pictures and to check measurements). A nice surprise to find that each package contained 2 curtains. And they have the sweetest smocked/gathered top! We had fun. I can't think of a better way to spend a cold, gray day. Have a great week, everyone! :)

10 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The daisy curtains are so adorable! Great finds!

Manuela

Rosemary said...

Very cute stuff.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I love the daisy curtains too. It sounds like a successful visit.

Marie x

Cathy said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Holiday Season filled with joy and a Happy New Year!

Cathy

Crafty Mama said...

Great finds!!!

I want to wish you a verry merry Christmas! Happy Holiday Greetings from the Netherlands!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Hope you had a blessed Christmas!! Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous 2008!!!

Lizzie said...

Those croscill curtains were a find!

I cvan't wait to read about how you use them.

Rosy Inspiration said...

I love the daisy curtains too, pretty colours.

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Thank you sweetly for your visit today! Your projects are lovely! Keep up the geat work!
Jo-Anne

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Happy New Year Niesz!

Hope that you had a lovely Christmas celebration with your love ones. I can`t believe that it is 2008 alreday. Soon it will be spring, then summer, and then we are moving back home to Norway.
Can`t wait!

I really love the handbags that you have made, so special and ladylike. This year I will do my best to get ahead on more advanced projects. And a bag will be a good one. And not forget an apron and a patchwork quilt. I really would have loved to make a patchwork quilt.
I just have to find the right beautiful fabric. And I think I just did that. I see that you also have found some pretty ones. Green is a colour that I haven`t used yet in my projects, but I am shure I will one day. I mostly use, white, red, pink, blue and beige.

Well, I hope you have good days and wish you a great week!

Aina x