Thursday, April 23, 2009

A is for Applique

A is for Applique. I have been sewing some cute appliques on burp cloths. Yes, I know. This baby gift theme is going on a little longer than I intended. This will be it for a while, I promise. LOL


B is for Buttefly.
C is for Circle.
D is for Dove. (ok, yes, it should be Bird, but B was already taken)

I can't post about the fun of machine applique without thanking Katherine of Sew Me Something Good. She has written an excellent and easy to follow tutorial. There is a link to it on the side bar of her blog. Thanks again, Katherine! :)

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sweet! Love how the butterfly wings are mirror opposites. :o) Not only fun projects but a new-to-me blog link too.

Junie Moon said...

I love the appliques. Your work is exquisite. Thank you for sharing the link about this process as I'd love to learn more about it.

Unknown said...

Love these appliques Kimberly! You always make such pretty things!
Thankyou for visiting me, it's always nice to have a comment from you. *SMILES* Angela.

Katherine said...

"P" is for perfect - which is what your appliques are, Kimberly! Hard to believe you haven't been doing applique for years.

I'm so flattered by how you credit my applique tutorial with helping. I keep thinking I need to do a better tutorial, so I merit your praise and referrals. Thank you for your sweet words and the link love. Happy stitching to you! ;o)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Beautiful burp cloths! You know, I would never be able to "ruin" them by putting them to use! But, a wonderful gift idea for a baby shower! Gorgeous.

Nanette Merrill said...

These turned out just darling. I love them and you did a fabulous job.

Stacy said...

The applique dove is so pretty! It's always a joy to visit your blog and see the gorgeous things you're making.

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Those appliques are so sweet! Great job!