Monday, March 8, 2010

What I've Been Sewing~ Clutch Handbags

Just a quick post about what I've been making in the sewing room. Its sunny and headed to 56 degrees here in Ohio, so I need to get outside for awhile. :-)

As winter is drawing to a close (yea!), I wanted to design one last grouping of bags out of the pretty vintage cut velvet chenille upholstery fabrics in my stash.
I thought a simple clutch design would be nice for day or evening. And the bright colors and touches of linen should make these work even into spring.

Love the bit of pink and aqua that's in this green fabric.A magnetic snap closure and interior zippered pocket in this design keeps items secure. My favorite cerulean blue makes an appearance again.

Now that these are finished, I can start on some ideas I have for fun and very colorful spring and summer bags! :-)
Happy sewing!

13 comments:

My Casa Bella said...

Beautiful, I love them. You are so talented!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous. Love the blue. Very stylish.

Sugar Bear said...

They are beautiful. I love when you use this fabric. Everything always looks so lush!
Karla

KitschKrafts said...

I just cannot get enough of that super cool fabric you used. These clutches are fantastic!
-Erika

Jessica said...

Lovely as usual! Well enjoy the weather! We are loving it here too. It's certainly a nice break from the cooollllddd. =)

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

just lovely fabrics, well done!

Georgia Peachez said...

These are really lovely and those corners are so perfect :->
xo, suzy

Unknown said...

Those are too cool. Isn't this weeks weather great! Not lookin forward to the rain...Sharonville floods....but I will not complain the temps. Thought of ya Saturday. Went to Ohio Valley. They are all restocked, the Cafe has new menu, and B105 was there with a live broadcast. We'll have to meet there sometime.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Lovely! You are SOOOOO talented!!!! Love it.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Just gorgeous! My mom was an upholsterer when I was a kid and I recognize some of those fabrics! That was one of my favorite sample books to play with.

Stacy said...

Your clutches are so beautiful. I love that blue, too. Hope it is staying warm and sunny for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Kimberly,
I've been collecting this picnic set for a few years now. I actually use it in my Kitchen,but when we go to a picnic or have to take things for a potluck they make great carriers.

KaHolly said...

All I can say is WOW!! They are awesome. The interior zipper pocket looks so professional! Is it difficult to do? Your work is amazing, Kimberly. ~karen