Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vintage Alphabet P, Q, R ~ Quilts

Its time for another Vintage Alphabet Party! This month the letters are P, Q, and R.

P is for Pottery. And since I missed Last month's letters of N and O, lets call these Ohio Pottery and cover that letter as well. :-).

A Roseville wall pocket...


And a Rookwood vase. Both are from Gram's attic and have an Arts and Crafts feel to them.


Q is for Quilts. These first two are from my grandma's attic. They were made by her Aunt Mary. First a Double Wedding Ring with mostly 1940's fabrics.



Look at this cute bunny print!
And the other is a simple 9 Patch with a pretty pink border.


The next is a tied BowTie quilt. Soooo many gorgeous 1930's prints! I could spend all day just showing all the different fabrics in this one. Here's a few...




But there is a little surprise inside this one. It was filled with another quilt! From the few fabric squares I can see it looks to be from the 1880-1900's. I saw indigo and cadet blues, madder browns, and some novelty prints like this clover and horse head.

The last quilt is a little different. It is also a tied quilt, but is made out of what looks to be fabric sample squares... Several different colorways of the same design. One side is made with all vintage linen fabrics, which actully goes really well with my newly reworked bedroom (I'll show you in the next post).


The other side is equally pretty with colorful cotton floral bouquet fabrics. Its hard to pick a favorite .


And R is for Rhinestones. (and again, since I missed last month's N, this also doubles as my Necklace post :-) )

Some of these pieces were given to me by my mother and others were found at estate sales. I just love a little sparkle!

Be sure to stop by the Etsy Cottage Style Blog to see more Alphabet collections starting with the letters P Q and R, or add your own to the link party.

13 comments:

Debbi said...

omg, those rhinestones! How gorgeous!
Love the vintage quilts, so comfy and cozy dreaming on those cold winter nights.....Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

These quilts are treasures and especially the 2 in one!!
Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, Just on lunch and thought I'd pop in :) Great Alphabet finds for N, O, P, Q, and R!
The quilts are beautiful...the pottery stunning....oooooohhhhh the bling.LOL..the blingier the better;)
Hey ya oughta come over this weekend. It's actually the last weekend til Spring. They aren't having the Haunted Village or the Christmas Village this year. They have a new Curator and it seems she's nixed everything. With Holiday In Lights it used to be busy then. I don't know what's going on.

Katherine said...

Be still my vintage loving heart. All those treasures make my heart beat faster. Love it all! Thanks so much for sharing your bounty, Kimberly.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kim,
You sure have a gorgeous quilt collection. I love all the wonderful fabric combinations.
And, be still my heart, I love the bling treasures.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments. Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Some Like it Vintage.com said...

Beautiful quilts! They will come in handy very soon here in the soon to be cold Canada!

Judy said...

Love your quilts! They are so pretty and colorful. Wish I had thought of rhinestones. I have a whole tray of them that I pick from to use in my art work.

Thanks for sharing!

Judy B.

Sugar Bear said...

Gorgeous! Very comfy looking - perfect for fall.
Karla

Stacy said...

So many lovely items. I really like that Double Wedding Ring quilt. I've never seen one of those. Love the quilt inside of the quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

That wedding ring quilt is amazing. It made my eyes pop out! Love it.

shabbyfufu said...

Hi Kimberly, I am TRYING to catch up on blogs today and came over to see what you have been up to. Wow, those quilts are in fabulous condition.....puts my old family quilts to shame! Hugs, Janet

My Casa Bella said...

What an awesome collection LOVE the quilts.
hugs
arlene

slipcoverstyle said...

wow nice quilts. i make slipcovers for a living and I would love to make a slipcover out of an old quilt, but I couldnt bear to cut one up! I was thinking I would get my mom to make a quilt (which she does) and use that to cut up!