Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Yard Photos and a Rainbow










We had a brief break in the seemingly endless storms, so I popped outside to snap a few pictures of the new back yard. As I stepped out the door, I saw one of the largest and brightest rainbows I had ever seen!

Let's walk up to the top of the hill to get a better view.



Wasn't it pretty? Ok, let's head back down the hill and I'll show you a closer view of some of the plantings in back.

This is the view from the deck and also out the french doors of the master bedroom.



There are a bunch of hostas and sweet Lily of the Valley around the tree. Small mounds of Forget-me-nots are also dotted around the yard.

And here's a couple of close-ups.


Bright orange poppies are just about to open in the front yard, so as soon as they do, I'll take a few pictures and show you that area. :-)


Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Laura said...

That rainbow is Beautiful! Don't you just love spring.

Unknown said...

Oh--ohoh---you saw that to the other say!!! I was drivin up Kemper towards Sharonwoods....I swear the one end was in the woods itself..it actually colored the trees and the other end was across 275 behinf the Kroger at 42 and Fields Ertle..I am not kiddin. If I hadn't needed to get back ti the house for Mom and Dad....I'd a
found the pots of gold..LOL that is how clear and distinctive that rainbow was.
Your yard is beautiful by the way...;)

Unknown said...

Without your help, I wouldn't've been able to do those placemats. I have another set to post about soon. I'm still trying to figure how to thank you soooo much :)

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Your yard is absolutely gorgeous! And that rainbow was awesome. What a treat to see!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh, so picture perfect. Like a scene from what I think heaven would be like.