Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Its HOT!

It is crazy hot around here! 98 degrees with a heat index of 110. I'm not doing much out in the yard, but I did capture a few fun pictures.






This first one is of a large hawk that hangs out in our front tree from time to time. The robins and hummingbirds get so mad, that they gang up and chase him away before long.


I was also pleasantly surprised to discovered that the bush by the deck blooms! I think it might be Crepe Myrtle. If anyone recognizes it, let me know. :-)And the butterfly bush by the back door is a favorite hangout for both butterflies and the many hummingbirds we have in the area. I haven't been able to get a picture of the hummingbirds yet...they're fast!


I'm spending a lot of time right now at the tiny house filling nail holes, painting, and doing what I can to get it ready to sell. Most of the big projects are downstairs and require Hubby's construction skills, so they will have to wait until he has some free time. But, all of this work is seriously cutting into my blogging time. I hope to be able to catch up on all of the fun summer projects going on in blogland soon.


Stay cool, everyone and have a great week!

6 comments:

The Catnap Cottage said...

it is crepe myrtyle! (sp?) that is definitely what it is - it comes in three different forms... bush, shrub, and tree. i have the same color on a tree at the cottage! it is hot here too in north georgia - i am already looking forward to fall!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful butterfly bush. We have 4 of them in different colors. We've also spied hawks close by. Yesterday the heat was awful but today will be worse. I keep thinking of my daughter's Cinci apartment with NO a/c except a window unit. I imagine she's spending much time on campus. Stay cool. I'll bet Hunny would like popsicles!

Georgia Peachez said...

It's insanely hot here too. Definitely a good time to stay inside and sew, or paint :->

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

Girl, you are not kidding about Crazy Hot! WOW first the coldest LONGEST winter.. Super WET spring and now this? Ohio is crazy!!! Your yard is beautiful! How is your house coming along? Have you hit any good sales lately? Stay cool.. :)
Mechelle

KatyDidStitches said...

Love your butterfly pic!

Sounds like you're working hard. My in-laws have had some serious interest in their house since they enlisted St. Joseph's help...you may want to give him a try! ;o)

Kathy

KitschKrafts said...

Yep, it's a crepe myrtle-enjoy! We have had the same kind of heat around here and it's killing us! Hang in there, September is coming. At least that's what I keep telling myself.