Friday, February 21, 2014

Baby Gift Items in Flannel

 

I had fun sewing baby items for a friends shower last week. I used super soft flannel fabrics for bibs and burp cloths.  Joanns had their Snuggle flannels on sale so, I pick up a few.

I also had a couple of solids in my stash and a pretty vintage pink rose flannel that I found at an estate sale last summer.

For the shower gift I used the mint green cherry blossom paired with a pink minky dot for one set...

And the vintage pink rose and solid pink for the other set.

I used the same pattern for the bib as the last one I made. Its from Heather Bailey's blog.
For the pink rose burp cloth I just free-handed a pattern.
Then, along with several items from her registry, I packed them all into a handmade fabric bin.

I constructed this one slightly different than the others I've made here and here.
It is a bit smaller and the handles are attached to the sides rather than the top edge.


I think bins are always useful...for toys, diapers, blankets, dvds, books, etc.  So, hopefully she can find a place for it.  :)
Babies are so fun to sew for! And I'm always looking for new ideas.  What type of projects do you like to make for baby?

1 comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have a fatal attraction to flannel! That is the sweetest and most useful baby/shower gift idea. I've made burp cloths using flannel as a panel down the center of a cloth diaper. The minky/flannel is a better combination for delicate baby skin. A bin filled with goodness!