Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Vintage Fabric Flower Bouquets


Its no secret that I have a vintage fabric "Hoarding Disorder". I'm drawn to many different styles of fabrics...Kitchy 50's prints, romantic florals, fun mod flower power prints, sweet children's fabrics, Mid-century atomic prints. However, the main thing that was responsible for sparking my collection was the gorgeous flower bouquet fabrics.

I have collected quite a few over the years, but I can always find room for one more. They make beautiful pillows, but can also be used to cover a bench seat or special chair. They even make a grand statement framed and hung in a group.

Here's a little flower show of just a few that have been in my collection over the years.
Many of these fabrics are listed on the website, and I even have a few on Ebay this week. Auction traffic is pretty slow with all the Back to School hubbub, so its a great time to find a bargain!

Is there room in your home for another flower bouquet?

15 comments:

Alison said...

Oh such beautiful fabrics. Am going to check out Ebay.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

They look fabulous the way you've arranged them-like a patchwork quilt!! I would love to have a quilt made up of those fabrics!!

Darcy said...

You have an amazing fabric collection!

Rosemary said...

Really pretty!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Your fabrics are just amazing! I love every one of them : )

Kristin said...

Wow! You have quite the collection! They're all very pretty.

Rosy Inspiration said...

Oh! My goodness! What a collection, I'm smitten by the rosy ones especially. Will check e-bay for sure. I've been bitten by the fabric bug as well.

Marilyn in NM said...

I just love the fabric. I could use all of it....LOL.

Thanks for dropping a line about my dog. I appreciate it so much.

Jodie said...

They are all so beautiful. I am not sure i could part with them. They all look lovley together !

Georgia Peachez said...

Absolutely not one spare inch left in my room for another bouquet! But does that stop me . . . Nooooo! It's a sickness, someone help me please!! xo, suzy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Oh, sigh, yours is wonderful, the fabric the colors the everything!!

The collection you have amazing!
Wishing you a lovely week!
lidy

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh How could anyone pick just one? They are all sooo gorgeous. Love them!

The fabric of my life said...

Ohhhhh a girl after my own heart. You can never have too many floral fabrics can you Kim? They are just delicious :-)

Mandi said...

YOu a re agirl after my own heart...what divine fabrics...I will take up a few of your suggestions for use...mine are still packed away....love your stuff and the salmon...yummmm

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

Your fabric slide show is better than must-see-TV. I could watch it all day :D