Saturday, August 18, 2007

What's For Dinner?

Orange Glazed Salmon, asparagus, and Basmati rice. Mmmmmm...
We eat a fair amount of Salmon at the Niesz house. Usually we bake it in the oven with just a touch of lemon, butter and dill. However, this week I have no oven. The 1960's avocado green wall unit has finally been taken out and a new white one has been ordered. YEA!!!

So anyway, I needed a skillet recipe for salmon. I remembered seeing one over on the Whistlestop Cafe blog a few months back and decided to give it a try.

De-lic-ious and easy! Less than 30 minutes, not counting the marinade time. (Click on the Whistlestop link for the salmon recipe.)

We paired it with Basmati rice and asparagus. My husband makes the asparagus and he has written down the instructions for us. It has a lot more flavor than steamed. Thanks honey :)

1 bundle asparagus
1 tblsp EVOO
2 tblsp soy sauce
1 tblsp sesame seeds
1 tblsp margarine
Dash pepper
1 lemon wedge

Heat oil in skillet, medium heat
Add sesame seeds, allow to brown
Add all other ingredients
Stir occasionally
~ 10 minutes
Have a good weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly

This looks absolutely delicious!

Marie x

Anonymous said...

Looks deelish and salmon is so good for you!

Manuela

Rosemary said...

Looks really yummy!!
Thanks,
Rosemary

The French Nest said...

Hi Kimberly,

The salmon looks fantastic!

Kate

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Here it is breakfast time and I swear I could 'wolf' this down right now! I love fish...my friend Julie and I have been ordering tilapia everywhere and also cooking it at home. That asparagus looks yummy too and oranges on top!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

That looked scrumptious!! But you ruined my appetite with the mention of those Woodland spiders-yikes!!!

Sugar Bear said...

Yum yum! Salmon and asparagus - two of my favorites!
Karla

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Kim! Thank you for this yummy recipe...I am not such a good seafood cook so I have been looking for some good ones.

Heather

Alison said...

A great recipe and one that is going to be tried out this week.
I get so fed up with trying to think of something different to cook.
New ideas are always welcome.

Rosy Inspiration said...

Mmm! Yum! I love that!

I also want to let you know you've been awarded with the "Nice Matters Award", congratulations! I really enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

That salmon, rice, and asparagus looks amazing!!! YUM!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Vintage Rose Collection said...

This is my favorite dish, salmon and Asparagus so I must try this recipe.. Looks delicious!
Jo-Anne