Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Child's Play ~ Vintage Juvenile Fabrics

Three Little Kittens Recently, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Kim of the True Up blog and asked to be a guest curator of this week's Daily Swatch. I was to pick 7 vintage fabrics in a theme of my choice. I chose Vintage Children's Fabrics...the hard part was deciding which 7, I love them all! So, I've added some of the extras here. Be sure to stop over at True Up to see the "first string" picks. :)
And while you're there, you'll want to sign up for Kim's 6 month giveaway...great prizes!

Here's a group of vintage flannels in pretty pastels...
Babies on Clouds
Mary Had a Little Lamb



This circus animal print is part of a curtain set...




Some of these fabrics and others are available on my website in the Children's section.
And if you're like me and you just can't get enough of these adorable prints you can find more at these websites:

Sharon's Vintage Fabrics
Donna Flower.com

11 comments:

Georgia Peachez said...

Excellent selection! xo, suzy

The fabric of my life said...

Thank you for the mention honey. Gorgeous fabrics, I, like you, adore juvenile prints and can't get enough of them. I sometimes find it hard to part with them don't you?
Donna x

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Your welcome, Donna. Love the new website!
And yes, it is hard to let these cuties go.
Kimberly :)

blessings said...

Years ago my mom found a bolt of vintage Waverly circus fabric that was just gorgeous. I've used it sparingly - almost fearfully =)

I just had to call my mom and ask if she still has some. She said, "It's probably in the basement where it always was." Say no more, I'll be right over!!

Blessings... Polly

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Kimberly they are all so lovely. That one with the kitties - first one - is my favorite. But I love them all. Next to vintage kitchen my next favorite is vintage novelty children fabric. Its been fun seeing you on True UP.

Decor To Adore said...

Hello,

I am celebrating my 100th post. Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

Laura

Sandra Evertson said...

So Wonderful!
Sandra

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I always find your posts so interesting. Where do you find fabrics like this?

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh Polly, it sounds adorable! A whole bolt? I'm so jealous. :)

Thank you Nanette! I'm a big fan of vintage kitchen prints, too.

Thanks Sandra and Jill. I get my fabrics from all over. Flea markets, estate sales, auctions. Two years ago I got an entire box of 70's children print fabrics at a local auction. Still have a few of those. :)
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Oh my these fabrics are so great! I love vintage prints and these ones are so sweet. x

Susannah said...

Could gaze at them all day...from a fabric addict.