Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage Fabric Designer Coffee Sleeves

I can see this becoming the newest fashion trend...Designer coffee sleeves! What a fun way to dress up your morning latte and its eco-friendly.
You know me, I'm always looking for ways to use up those small pieces of vintage fabric that I can't bare to part with. (first bookmarks, then snap wallets, and now coffee cuffs).

I started noticing that my favorite coffee places weren't readily offering the cardboard sleeves anymore, you had to ask for them. And of course, I usually didn't remember until I was half-way down the street, or if I did, I felt a bit guilty (filling up the landfills and all). So I thought it was about time I made myself a reusable one.

They're a pretty easy project if you want to make one yourself, but I've also made a few extra for sale available on the website and on Etsy.
I know that some schools are already through for the year, but if you're looking for a teacher's gift, one of these along with a Starbucks gift card would be a nice idea. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute coffee sleeves!

Vintage Rose Collection said...

What a great idea, coffee sleeves!
I love your roses cascading along your shed. I also have New Dawn but they are not as advanced as yorus.. So beautiful! WIsh mine would grow like that!
Love to you
Jo-Anne

Katherine said...

Very pretty and a lovely way to use favourite fabrics. It's almost enough to get me drinking coffee. LOL

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Found you through Flickr...Aprons.Just popped in to tell you of an oh-so-charming little magazine article about aprons, including a beautiful illustration of vintage aprons. It came from Country Home, back in 1994.
2nd post down on my Site. Enjoy! : )
Great idea here and I LOVED the rose pix below.

Nanette Merrill said...

The fabric on those is good enough to eat! or drink.

~~♥ Mamma Millan ♥~~ said...

Hello, what a lovly blog!!So clever idea♥
Hugs from Swden♥

cd&m said...

These are really cute and more importantly they'll stop you burning your fingers!

shabbyfufu said...

Now aren't those a clever idea! ~xo~