Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vintage Alphabet ~ Velvet, Whitework, X-Stitch

It's time again for the Vintage Alphabet link party. This month's letters are V, W, and X.

For V I'd love to show my collection of vintage vases, but they have already been packed and sent to the new house, so I have several vintage Velvet fabrics that I don't think I've posted about yet. The photo above shows a few cut or voided velvets.

I just love the yellow! Its from a vintage bedspread that had a bit of sun damage on one side...the perfect piece to cut for projects!And below is a trio of 70's nylon velvets in bright floral designs.
For W I have a small grouping of vintage Whitework embroidery.

And for X (wow, this one was hard!) I have a piece of vintage X-stitch and a vintage drapery fabric with a faux X-stitch design.

Be sure to stop by the Etsy Cottage Style blog to see more vintage Alphabet collections or add your own to the list!

2 comments:

Judy said...

How clever to think of x-stitch! I used to do a lot of that but my eyes won't take it anymore. Too tiny!

Your velvet fabrics are scrumptious! I like to use that in my art work.

Thanks for sharing!

Stacy said...

I like the nylon velvet from the 70's and that whitework embroidery is scrumptious. You were creative coming up with the alphabet items! Can we see the vases when you get unpacked at the new house?

Have a wonderful weekend.