Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Progress at the New House

Here are a few pictures of the (slow) progress at the new house.

This is what the little 3rd bedroom looked like before; yellow walls, ceiling, trim.and closet along with dark mauvey pink carpet...
And this is where its at now...
This room will be an office. The carpet has been removed and will have hardwood installed, ceiling and closet have been painted white, walls are painted a light tan called "Natural" by Valspar. For this room I was inspired by the fun and colorful designs of Orla Kiely. Since my attempts to find this in fabric form have been unsuccessful, I decided to paint it on the wall. I still have the stems to do, but you get the picture.

I used the sample size paints from Lowes in 7 or 8 different colors and just sketched out where I wanted each color. At just $3.00 a piece, it was fairly economical and will be much easier to change out than wallpaper. I used a 1" inch foam brush for the edges and a 2"inch brush to fill in the center.
I have located her fabric print in a 2-toned version online, so I hope to make a lamp shade with it eventually.
The master bedroom used to look like this...Yes, that's purple on the walls, door trim, ceiling, closet, and carpet.
And this is where its at now... The color on the walls is called "Blue Shamrock" by Olympic paints. And the ceiling, closet, and french doors have a fresh coat of white satin. This room will also have crown molding and hardwood floors soon.

The bathrooms have been stripped of their dated wallpaper, but there's really not much to see in there, yet, so I'll wait until they have something exciting before I show you pictures.

Oh, and the Tiny house is getting a front porch as we speak...photos to come...

Have a great week everyone!

16 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Looks fabulous! Can't wait to see more.
Karla

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You should have a TV show for your home remodel! It's looking so great!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness it's fantastic. I'm know you'll miss the mauve carpet but I really love what you're doing to the place. :o)

Into Vintage said...

This looks like so much fun! You must be excited to say goodbye to all that purple in one space. :-)
It looks 1000% times better with your new color and floor choices.

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

WOW, that is awesome! Let me know if you need an extra hand during the day. The painting on the wall is awesome! Take lots of photos! We all love photos :)
Mechelle

Marilyn in NM said...

What great progress. Love the office walls.
hugs,
Marilyn in NM

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I love transformations! Looks like you are headed in the right direction. Can you come to my house? :0)

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

I'm LOVIN' it!!

Unknown said...

Wow Kim! What a change...lookin good. Looks like we're both gettin the same snow today :( Was with Dad and Mom at Bnorth all day...finlly found he has a virus in his lungs, so he'll be in again for awhile. Mom stays in the room like always, but I gotta wait til this stops later to get over there.
Jim's gonna try to go over at lunch and see if Mom'll get something to eat with him, but again with the weather if he leaves work he's worried about time. I really cannot wait for hot weather again.

KitschKrafts said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Your office is FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to see it finished. I am so inspired. I am getting ready to do some rearranging in my craft area, but I'm not quite ready to do the full remodel. This is making me chomp at the bit a little. hee!

My Casa Bella said...

wow, that looks like alot of work on those walls, they're turning out so nice, can't wait to see the finished product!
MCB

Woo Gilchrist said...

That looks really great - what a fabulous idea!

Valerie Boersma said...

Kim-How are things coming along? I love what you've done so far!!

Katherine said...

I have been so remiss in not congratulating you on your new home. My apologies.
I'm so happy that you're well underway with transforming it with your creative talents. I know it will be amazing when you finish your magic with it - you're certainly off to a beautiful start. Love the inspired painting you're doing.

Nanette Merrill said...

Beautiful and inspiring. I'm loving what you are doing.

It's not easy being PURPLE said...

I love what you are doing. Did you use a stencil for the leaves? I was thinking of doing something similar in my dining room.