Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Progress at the New House ~ 2nd Bedroom

Before I show you the 2nd bedroom, I want you to see the new cabinet that I got for the office (3rd bedroom). Its the Hemnes Linen Cabinet from Ikea! Its the perfect shade of red. Love it! It will hold our books, magazines, and basic office supplies.

Ok, now on to the bedroom...
Here's a small update on what we've been doing at the new house.
The hardwood floors are down in the 3 bedrooms and hallway; new interior doors have been hung; much of the crown molding, baseboard, and casings are done.
This is the 2nd bedroom. As you can see, the window casings still need to be finished and the hardware has to go on the door. Here is a Before picture (after the mauve-y pink carpet was removed). Purple walls and ceiling and the basic 70's ranch plywood doors. (nothing against purple, but, you have to really like that color to want it on every surface.)

The walls were painted a light neutral tan called Gray Beige by Olympic paints, and the trim is a white satin (the doors will be painted the same white, eventually). This room will be decorated basically the same as my master bedroom in the Tiny House. I Love the floors! They are a 5" wide plank of 3/4" hardwood in Brazilian Teak . Its not quite as dark as the hardwood floors we installed in the Tiny House. Although I really like the darker color, we now have a very light yellow lab who sheds, and the dog hair shows up in an instant on the dark floors, so I was hoping to find a color that was a touch lighter. The Brazilian Teak came in both a dark and light version, we choose the light. I'm very happy with the color! Please ignore the copious amounts of dust in the pictures. :-)
Well, that's all for now. Have a great week, everyone!

10 comments:

Valerie Boersma said...

Your house is looking so good-the floors are gorgeous! I love that Ikea cabinet too- I just might need to get one for myself:)

KitschKrafts said...

Oh man! I LOVE that cabinet! Your place is coming along nicely and I am as anxious to see more as I am sure you are to get it done.

Connys Cottage said...

Hello,

wat a wunderful room.
You make goed work.

greatings send you Conny

Abby and Stephanie said...

I now feel the sudden urge to go to IKEA! Love the stencil/cabinet combo. Funny about finding floor color to mask dog hair. :o) I completely understand! Photos of Hunny anytime soon???

Unknown said...

It's lookin goood! Dust...ha. Long time no type:) I've been in and out of the hospital with Dad. Today, we're back in...sigh. Mom's doin ok, she'd just tired. Love your new cabinet. Love the red!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

WOW I love it and your mural is dead on that design! I love it!!!
Don't you love having Ikea so close? It all looks beautiful :)

My Casa Bella said...

Beautiful floors and LOVE LOVE that red cabinet! We were just at IKEA and I don't remember seeing that?
Can't wait to see it all done.
MCB

The Catnap Cottage said...

i love that cabinet! it is awesome! c

Joanne said...

I love the yummy color! Blessings, Joanne

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Wow! Things are really coming together! That red cabinet is perfect. Isn't IKEA the best?? You are gonna be so happy in that house...