Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inspired By the Colors of Fall







We have had the most beautiful fall weather the last couple of weeks! Sitting out on the deck, looking up at the trees, I was inspired by the gorgeous colors of the leaves against the vibrant blue sky.


I decided to look through my vintage velvet stash for similar colors. I discovered that many of the cut velvets were in autumn hues.



I also found this lovely printed floral velvet with royal blue flowers with touches of yellow, red, and green. I paired it with a vintage camel colored cordouroy for this wristlet.


Most of the items shown are available on my website or my Etsy shop.

What Fall inspired projects are you working on?

5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Hasn't this been the best weather? Your bags would be the perfect accessory to any Autumn inspired outfit. Currently I'm off to go machine quilt a Fall wall hanging I hope to have hanging THIS year.

KaHolly said...

Wow, I can't believe how well all your bags match the autumn picture!! They are amazing!

Stacy said...

Love those royal blue flowers! Your bags are lovely. I will have to check out your store.

I'm working on a lap blanket for my mom for the holidays.

Valerie Boersma said...

I love how you drew inspiration from nature! Those autumn hues against the blue sky sure are stunning! I love how you had the cut velvet fabrics that matched, and made up those lovely zip pouches. Nice work:)

Elizabeth said...

The same colors have been inspiring me lately, too! I love the bags. :)